Footie...breakthrough!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Arsenal-Bar..Watching the footie last night and found myself awake all the way through but I missed the second goal due to channel changing. However, I saw it on the news. This is a major breakthrough for British football but I can't see it lasting.

Sponsored Links
Hmmmmmmmmm., So Arsenal win a game ,,, and suddenly it's a major breakthrough for British football? Sorry, I just can't share your enthusiasm.

The gooners played well but rode their luck for large parts of the game

barca will likely thrash them at the nou camp

yeah - perhaps a little premature -lets wait until after the second leg and see what happens - a 1-0 victory in the 2nd leg is all Barcelona need to go through at Arsenal's expense.

Sponsored Links
Liverpool-Spartas
You were spot on. I fell asleep at half time and I'm waiting for the result on the news this morning. I must be get keener on this football if I am to stay awake.

I don't think you were alone last night - I was reading last night about a game in the 1880s where both teams needed a draw to avoid relgation - the game finished 0-0 and was reknown for being the only game where neither team made an effort to score - I think last night Sparta v Liverpool became the second game to deserve that description.

Football glory is short lived, whoever's playing.

I hope the fans can stomach these ticket prices, in the knowledge that the players of the losing team will go home to their mansions with their half a dozen luxury cars parked on the drive.

Back