Footings, concrete and boundaries

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. We’ve started a single story kitchen extension this week. Footings have been dug, approved by BC and filled with concrete.
We have a shared boundary which runs down the garden. My adjoining neighbour (who we’ve had issues with about the whole project) has a 3m extension which is built on the boundary line. The boundary fence stops about 10cm after her extension build so her wall is visible from my garden. so the remaining boundary is an invisible line for the last 2.8m to our house.

Question is that the footings have been dug and filled with concrete however they have dug the footings right up to the boundary and her wall. Obviously everything will be built on our side of the boundary re creating the boundary, where the gap between the two buildings will be re filled with ground and stone, effectively replacing what was there before.

Are we in breach of anything with the way the footings have been dug?

Hope this all makes sense!

Sponsored Links
If there wall are on the boundary and you're is on your land then there's no problem at all , sounds like your worried about building too close to theirs or boundary issues, if you ever get to look at your deeds it will say who is responsible for the upkeep of the boundry e.g. Fences so if it's your responsibility or shared then they shouldn't of put their.wall.there.... It's usually marked with a T or H . Just in case they are in breech and if they are it will shut them.up so.you can get on in peace :) . If it was a shared boundry e .g. I would of built onto their wall as a party wall just because they have been a ass

Make sure you leave a gap wide enough for a standard human to get in.
Those small gaps become a collection of plastic and damp starts showing on the interior walls.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back