Country
United Kingdom
First post, advice please!

Make: Ford
Model: Fiesta LX 5dr
Year: 54 plate
Mileage: Approx 78,500
Engine: 1.25

Noticed a small but persistently irritating rattling noise which seems to be coming from roughly the front right of the car, mainly noticeable going over small bumps at under 30mph. Does not rattle going over large bumps e.g. speed bumps or when driving at higher speeds.

Took the wheel off today - nothing seems obviously broken or hanging off until I looked at one of the (I think they are called bushes?) - I'm no expert but seems to have a crack/split in it. Please see the attached photos (one is zoomed in a bit). Could anyone tell me which bush this is if it is one, and if this is the probable source of my problem?! Also, would it be an MOT failure (I'm thinking yes) and roughly how much am I looking at to replace?

Any other comments on where the source of my rattle could be from are welcome. Ta!

Danny
Inked20170708_140659_LI.jpg

20170708_140731.jpg

Sponsored Links
I've seen bushes much worse than these and they are meant to be split.....for the rattle, just check that the heat shield around the catalytic converter are intact, will you?
John :)

Cheers John, had a good tug on all the parts I could reach and nothing seemed lose like the heat shield - it might just end up being a mystery!

Dan

Sponsored Links
Ok, the next thing to check are the drop links, visible in the first photo, connected to the anti roll bar and connecting vertically to the suspension strut.....notorious for clunking on rough surfaces at low speeds!
John :)

Back