Ford fiesta 55' problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A couple problems ive noticed i need checking and how much roughly would places charge? (West mids)
All problems seem to be intimitent, not allways happening. But DO seem to happen more and more often.

When crusing at say 50 in 5th, accelrate past a certian point and the revs will go up faster then normal, then come down again. More noise, no pulling. A friend said this could be a hole(s) in the exhaust?

When changing from i think 1st to 2nd thers a sqweek. Sounds like a tyre spin. But it is not. Lasts about 2-3 seconds. A friend of mine said it could be a "clutch relese bearing?"

Sponsored Links
Reading between the lines, it would seem that your clutch is slipping, and including that with possible release bearing noise could indicate the clutch is on its last legs.
Budget £300 at a guess for the replacement but do ask around.
John :)

Il have to get a few quotes then! A small local reputable indipendant garrage is bound to be cheeper then halfords, right?

Yes, definitely a 'proper' garage is the way to go. They'll also do their own diagnosis, of course.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Put the car in top gear with the handbrake firmly on and attempt to move off. Obviously you'll need lots of revs but if you can let the clutch out (or almost all the way out) then it's goosed.

Back