Ford Fiesta gearbox

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The gear stick in my Ford Fiesta is a bit loose. I know it is normal some "limp" movement on the gear stick forwards, backwards and sideways but mine has also has some 4 degrees "twist" movement. It is very anoying when changing gears. Has anyone done any DIY in the gearbox? I am thinking about adventuring myself this weekend...any advices?

Sponsored Links
You need a new gear linkage. They were well known for wear giving excess play and movement at the gear stick.

Easy enough to replace

:LOL: one of my mates used to own a ford fiesta F reg 3 door, the really old one, he let me have a drive. Well, what a performance! tried to select 1st and it went into reverse! He said "oh you have to twist it to get 1st". :eek: :eek: :eek: It had plenty of punch from the engine for its age though - probably lack of body weight!!! The gears themselves were like stirring soup, as you say cjbigboy

On the other extreme, i am hiring a new micra, which has gears almost like a "switch", they "click" into place, no real force is needed to push them, beautiful.

Sponsored Links
Back