Ford fiesta mk3 1.6 16v

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Havent used the car in a while and the battery was very dead. Connected up a booster pack to battery and turned key in the ignition. Dash lights came on as normal and i tried to turn it over. The engine didnt turn over just made a buzzing noise briefly and then all lights went out on dash. It now dead to the world. Im assuming ive popped a fuse but a few pointers as to what the possible causes were would be helpfull as i hate 12v car electrics

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Just wondering if the buzzing noise was the starter solenoid having a go at engaging....no real idea why all should be dead but maybe there is a bank of heavy duty fuses on or near the positive battery terminal? John :)

As far as i can see there is 1 inline fuse between the battery and the fuse box. I did wonder if the buzz was the starter motor. It was at about that point in the firing sequence.

Sponsored Links
I really don't like booster packs as they can give the cars battery a hard time.... however, your battery seems to be goosed anyway so if it was mine I'd get a new one and go from there. Check all terminals for tightness and signs of green corrosion around the clamps. Cheers John :)

Back