Ford Focus instrument guages flickering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all a few mornings now the guages on my Focus 2002 rev counter, speedo, fuel and temp guages are not working and then flickering for about 10 minutes, today I turned the engine off and they carried on flickering. Any ideas? Thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links
Alas, not uncommon on the Focus I’m afraid, but I have to say usually the engine cuts out - but does restart.
I’d start by contacting either BBA Reman or ecutesting for further advice before getting stuck in.
Best to get your dash sorted rather than a replacement as it saves recoding, but the price may be high :(
John :)

Thanks John, you've confirmed what I was thinking this could well be very expensive. I've had the car 17 years now and it's got a few problems with it such as slit misfire low revs, radio works when it wants to and the locks are starting to play up again, so I think it's time for a new car. I'm very impressed with my sons VW Up 50mpg urbin and £20 tax. Thanks again Jason

I had electric issues on an ST170 - whenever it was a bit wet it would get worse!

Sponsored Links
Well it's certainly been wet these last couple of months, it only happens when it's been raining over night. Thanks

I kept mine in the carport before selling it ...

Back