Ford Focus noises

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 9 month old petrol Focus 1.6 and is running fine but there are a couple of odd noises that I was wondering if anyone else had with their Focus.

Shortly after I have first started the car, there is a quiet twang somewhere at the front of the car, under the bonnet perhaps. It sounds like a spring twanging into position. It doesn't seem to be time based as it uusally happens when I first reach about 15mph, and only once when I first start up.

The second is the lock on the rear passenger door. You press the key fob twice to double lock it. When I first bought the car both presses resulted in a click as the doors locked. But now the door in question has a prolonged buzz on the second click only. I was thinking of taking it in before the warranty and tell them it has been jamming, even though it locks no problem.

Anyone else come across these symptoms?

Sponsored Links
the spring type noise is the abs system carrying out a self test. perfectly normal.

you also have a sticking lock actuator. take it back as its under warranty. focus locks are a bit flimsy.

Sponsored Links
Back