Ford KA central locking, Easy to fit?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it easy to fit new central locking mechanisms, my present one is very stiff to operate lately.

I've seen a complete set for sale on ebay to fit any car, the advert says easy to fit, but are they?

Also if I just changed the drivers side one, as the passenger one is fine , would I be able to get one that would operate from the same ignition key as present.

Regards
TC

Sponsored Links
they very rarely are easy to fit,id be more inclined to take off your door panels and lubricate the linkages etc to free it all up

Thanks for the reply CH, thought it wouldn't be easy, will try what you suggest first.
TC

They are stupidly easy to fit, about five screws, provided you remove the whole lot, replace the bit you're changing, then refit the whole lot it's a doddle - if you try and get at a single part whilst still inside the door it's a sod. I did one on a mondeo in about an hour including working out how to do it (without a manual).

Sponsored Links
Thanks Sean,
I'll check that out when I remove the inside door cover, if lubrication is all it needs, great, if not, it's good advice to remove the lot as you have suggested.
Regards
TC

Back