ford mondeo 1996 mk1 lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,i have a problem with my back lights,when i turn on the lights my rear tail lights don't come on, only the front come on, if i put the light switch to park the rear tail lights work and the front,my dash lights don't work has well,i have checked all the fuses and i have changed the light switch and still the rear lights don't work, stop lights,brake lights, reversing lights all work fine,please can any one help with this one????thanks all

Sponsored Links
On the back of the switch, is there a red wire (2.5mm) going to pin 15 on the switch?
Can you test the voltage on this with your volt meter with respect to the chassis?
Try it with the light switch turned on also.

Sponsored Links
Hi Spark123,i just done the test on red wire pin 15,, lights off i had 14.3 volts with the lights on had zero volts. now i lost even more,i hope you can help please

It might not mean much to you ;)
It is sounding to me like you have a loose/corroded connection, the red wire goes to pin 5 on a connector behind the dash, then on to pin 5 on the fuse box in the engine bay. You should be able to find the other end of the red wire there. Can you do the same test i.e. volts with the lights off then with the lights on?
With any luck you may even find a loose/corroded connection along the way ;)

Hi Spark123,Thank you so much, that was the problem,a bad joint be hind the dash,Thank you so much again, thanx leigh

Back