ford mondeo motorway driving problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have a problem with my mondeo only when driving on a motorway when it hits a long incline the power drops to about 50mph then when i try to drop a gear and put it into 4th it misses and slows even further . :(
This has happened many times now exactlly on the same part of the motorway . i have had the car about a year but only notice this . i have only used the car for work , it drives great on level , downhill and around the doors . Even when i blast this it does not miss does 80-90mph level, down hill over100mph so why is it doing only 50mph on long slight inclines :idea: . the car is x reg 1.8 petrol . could this be a fuel problem ,It is due a service and i will change the plugs, oil ,air filter ,i have not checked about fuel filters is it worth putting a inline one on

Sponsored Links
a mini service is the first place to start with, plugs,fuel and air filter, oil and filter change and see how it runs afterwards

Sponsored Links
when the car struggles on hills do you notice the revs going up at all as if the clutch is slipping?
no revs and clutch is fine it loses power and misses, spluttering like a fuel problem but only on the motorway not on steep hills or banks round the doors thanks Ian

Back