Ford transit custom radio issue……

CBW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon chaps,

I have an issue, not sure if anyone can help. It comes up on screen with a message stating my vehicle is equipped with a wi-if hotspot, and may be eligible for a complimentary period. I have looked in almost, if not all the settings that are associated with wi-if, updates etc, and nothing seems to work.

I have contacted Ford nationally, but they said they weren’t technical, so I rang my local Ford and they advised stuff I’ve already tried. The van is a lease, and don’t really want to book it in unless I have to. I have tried a factory reset, to no avail. I can clear the message, but it can reappear from 30 seconds up to say 3 mins. If I click on more information, it just states that the Ford pass is invalid.

It’s just frustrating more than anything.

Thanks.

Attachments

• F9BD9435-E2B4-43C7-8B53-A87E69C58583.jpeg
    F9BD9435-E2B4-43C7-8B53-A87E69C58583.jpeg
    236 KB · Views: 60
Sponsored Links
I’ll look over it tomorrow, cheers.

Didn’t get chance until today. This is asking you to setup the hotspot with your local provider, not Ford, I’m guessing I might have to to get rid of the message?

Sponsored Links
My guess is that Ford has done a deal with a range of network operators to provide a 'Complimentary' period of free 4G connectivity.
Ford will probably get a kickback from the network operators, and they will be hoping you get drawn in to extending the contract, when the complimentary period expires!

Next thing you know, is we will have to watch adverts on the in-car display, before being able to start the car! :rolleyes:

it sort of reminds me of when we used to get AOL CD's through the door! ;)

Back