Ford Transit van wont rev higher than 3000 revs in first second and third gearst, second and

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my van wont rev over 3000 revs when starting off thru gears up to forth gear , Would it have a limiter on it.lt has just been serviced and still does it.

Sponsored Links
Year, mileage, model and engine type please. Can you get above 3000 in 4th?

Hi Dave the mileage is 113500..it's a 2006 model Transit panel van 2402cc diesel engine 2-AXLE rigid. It's just been serviced but it had that problem when I took it in.. It has 5 gears and it seems 4th and 5th are ok but I haven't gone up to 4000 revs in 4th..I will be taking it out this afternoon and I will put it thru it's paces and get back to you...

Treat it to a new air and fuel filter, Roy - and go from there. It should rev higher than that, I think.
John :)

Sponsored Links
I took it out this afternoon and it went fine!!! I only had it serviced yesterday and I only bought it about a month ago, I had service history from the garage I took it to (but that was 5 years ago!),,So all filters and things were changed and it had a good service. So now I am wandering if the service has cleaned all the crap out after I had done a few miles.

These vans are fly by wire, with a potentiometer driven by the throttle pedal instead of a cable.....maybe that was sticky.
Hope your van serves you well - they are brilliant vehicles - if only Ford would paint and rustproof them better.
John :)

Back