Car wont start properly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
When I got to use my car first thing in the morning the car starts up but the engine shakes and the rev counter moves about randomly. I can normally keep the car on with some revs but as soon as i take my foot off the accelerator, the engine switches off and the oil light comes on. Once i'm driving the car drives really well and I can start and stop and turn the engine off and on without any problems. I thought it may have been the spark plugs so I replaced them (which were very sooty) but has made no difference and after a week the new ones have gone quite sooty.
Does anyone have any ideas of what the problem could be and how it can be rectified?

Sponsored Links
Blind%20Links.jpg

Best to give us a clue about the make and model mate :confused: but if the engine is jumping about then you have a misfire more than likely.....plugs / HT leads/ coil pack / distributor (if fitted) could all be a cause. John :)

Sponsored Links
its a polo mk4 1.4 16v.
Just looked at the results of a faulty ECT sensor and it looks to be the cause of my problem. I think ill replace that then see what happens/

Cheers

Back