Forehead no contact infrared thermometer.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone using one? Looking to buy one for use at work when I eventually reopen but they all seem to be made in China and I really don’t want to buy from them unless I absolutely have to. Anyone using one that was made anywhere else in the world?

Sponsored Links
admirable stance, trouble is about everything is made there.

admirable stance, trouble is about everything is made there.
I fear you might be right. I’ve had two replies so far - one from Clinical lab products and another from Thermometers direct both saying the same. Bloody good ain’t it - a pandemic originates from their country and they seem to be the worldwide suppliers of medical supplies! Somethings Wong there. :cautious:

Like everything Mottie,they vary greatly in price and accuracy.

Sponsored Links
Anyone using one? Looking to buy one for use at work when I eventually reopen but they all seem to be made in China and I really don’t want to buy from them unless I absolutely have to. Anyone using one that was made anywhere else in the world?

I bought one 10 years ago (Maplin), still in use and they are all made in China.

So far as I have been able to determine, there really is no difference between the general purpose IR thermometers and ones used for forehead skin temperature measurements. You just add around 1.0C to the reading to get actual body temperature.

Paramedics used one on my wife last week and he wasn't sure if it was working correctly so he tried it 3 times and got 3 different readings. Tried on my forehead and came up with 41.4C!!! Tried on his colleague and she was 35something, (temp not age. She actually looked about 22 with a pretty...…….smile ;) )
In the end he went back to the 'in the ear' type which was fine.

Like everything Mottie,they vary greatly in price and accuracy.

I am rather careful (anal) about checking the accuracy of my large range of instruments against known accurate items and I have not noted any glaring inaccuracies in any of them, rather I have been pleasantly surprised at just how accurate they are. The biggest inaccuracies are due to operator error.

Paramedics used one on my wife last week and he wasn't sure if it was working correctly so he tried it 3 times and got 3 different readings. Tried on my forehead and came up with 41.4C!!! Tried on his colleague and she was 35something, (temp not age.

That's because forehead temperature in many circumstances, is a poor indicator of body core temperature.

I am rather careful (anal) about checking the accuracy of my large range of instruments against known accurate items and I have not noted any glaring inaccuracies in any of them, rather I have been pleasantly surprised at just how accurate they are. The biggest inaccuracies are due to operator error.
Anal thermometers are a bit excessive for work use...

Sponsored Links
Back