Forget staying close to EU after Brexit, chancellor tells business

As an embittered remoaner you must be delighted.
All petrol and diesel. Let them die..it will save the planet.
Have a van load of tools and regularly haul a few ton behind it.
Electric vans will never happen. Unless you are considering driving about in an empty tin because diesel cars got banned first.
A few horses would haul more.

Electric vehicles pulling loads and taking over from diesel is a joke imo.
6 ton is nothing.

My word you imbecile. You have no argument.

Sucker. Serf. Useful Idiot.

Sponsored Links
Sooooo, are Japanese prices cheaper now, with tariffs, or am I imagining things?
2032, fuk me, they should be half the price by then, just how much over the top are we paying by being in the EU?
You do know Toyota have 8 factories in Europe don't you?

Sponsored Links
Two of which are in the UK. What does that have to do with imports from Japan.
I believe the high volume, low margin cars, the ones that are so cheap are made here. So tarrifs haven't made any difference to them yet.

In the future if the EU have any tarrifs in place it will make those two factories less profitable for Toyota as they'll be less competitive selling into the EU (which means they might shut) and we aren't that huge a market on our own.

You may be right that the Brexit future is bright, but your example doesn't show it.

According to Toyota they have 4 car production plants in the EU, one of them in the UK.

I believe the high volume, low margin cars, the ones that are so cheap are made here. So tarrifs haven't made any difference to them yet.

In the future if the EU have any tarrifs in place it will make those two factories less profitable for Toyota as they'll be less competitive selling into the EU (which means they might shut) and we aren't that huge a market on our own.

You may be right that the Brexit future is bright, but your example doesn't show it.

I can see that, I'm also aware that a lot of components for the production in the UK comes from the EU so potentially, a lot can go wrong.
It wont though, will it?

One car production plant plus one engine manufacturing plant in the UK.
Well the engine one will go eventually, petrol and diesel are going the way of the Dodo. But you can't blame Brexit for that.

The factory only produces the Corolla at the moment. The next nearest Toyota factory producing the Corolla is in Turkey. So the question for Toyota is: is Turkey closer aligned to the EU than the UK? If it is then we'll probably lose the factory entirely.

My word you imbecile. You have no argument.

Sucker. Serf. Useful Idiot.

When the arguments lost the insults begin.

Even without the brexit issue many voters would happily dump scotland.
And let krankie pick up the pieces.

Well the engine one will go eventually, petrol and diesel are going the way of the Dodo. But you can't blame Brexit for that.

The factory only produces the Corolla at the moment. The next nearest Toyota factory producing the Corolla is in Turkey. So the question for Toyota is: is Turkey closer aligned to the EU than the UK? If it is then we'll probably lose the factory entirely.

It's certainly more than possible. Of course another potential question for Toyota might be: what will the level of UK corporation tax be after brexit?
Too many unknowns at the moment.

Sponsored Links
Back