Forgetful

Yes, which brings it back to couple in the context of the joke being a nominative plural, thus making it "couple's"; and, hence, "a couple was...". However, when it is indeterminate, then it becomes plural, as in "a couple of cats were fighting..."

Yes? No?

Anyhow, is it "a pair of underpants were left lying on the floor", or "a pair of underpants was left lying on the floor"??

:LOL:

Sponsored Links
ffs it was a joke :LOL: not even mine I just cut and pasted it for people's enjoyment here:cool:

Heh heh and very good it was too. Not that I can remember it now :)

Sponsored Links
:LOL:

Not in Norfolk it isn't. But then they also say things like "look what I done", "he say"...

Yeah ah I knoa dat and wen I'z at home I'z doin' shtreet talk innit an' all dat.

However, when writing, it's best to start by attempting to be grammatically correct, for the sake of being unambiguous.

I would rather like to know precisely whose underpants woz on da flowah innit, know wha' ah meeen?

If Una Stubbs had ever been married to Idi Amin, she'd have been called Una Amin.

Jesus Christ (comma) I bet you lot (as in more than one) are a laugh when you go out to watch a comedian(exclaimation mark)..spend five seconds laughing at him(forward slash) her (comma) then the next ten minutes discussing their grasp of English....(one full stop plus a few more thrown in for effect)

:rolleyes:

I'll have you know that my forward slash in no joking matter.

Sponsored Links
Back