Well it gave the recipient of the curt comment a laugh .......

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Stood in a little greasy spoon cafe come sandwich shop , joiner stood after me waiting to be served, I place my order to the pretty faced but a little overweight girl behind the couter ....

" Can I have a large BEST please " ( for those that don't know it's a hot Bacon, Egg, Sausage and Tomatoe sandwich )

" I think we've run out of bacon I'll just check .......no its ok we've got enough for just one."

"Ok I'll have one then, thanks "

The girl ......."Next !"

The joiner at the side of me " Can I have a BEST please "

"I KNOW YOU HEARD ! YOU WERE STOOD RIGHT NEXT TO HIM !!!!!! WE HAVEN'T GOT ANY BACON LEFT !!!!!!"

So he orders one with spam instead .......

So my large BEST comes........"Could I have a tea, milk no sugar Thanks "

She walks to the tea making area and shouts over " Do you want any sugar"

Me " I KNOW YOU HEARD YOU WERE STOOD RIGHT HERE ! "

Well she looked at the joiner that was laughing and acknowledged by her facial expressions that she'd been caught at her own game ! Several others were laughing as well..........just a but of fun ......

Sponsored Links
she'd been caught at her own game ! Several others were laughing as well..........just a but of fun ......
Yes, I've been doing that to Spuey lately, only I haven't been able to see his/her face.
Restoring parity is such fun.

I think its great fun when shop assistants see the funny side of things. In B&Q last year and young bloke was asked for proof of age because he was buying a Stanley knife. He showed his driving licence and got served.

I had a small tin of glue so jokingly said, "I suppose you want to see proof of my age as well?"
Quick as a flash and with a deadpan face she replied, "No, that's alright sir. Pensioners day is on Thursdays." And then came then came the smile and a wink. LOL
Its not often you come across that sort of repartee.

Sponsored Links
A business working dinner in a "posh" resturant in New Jersey 1978, posh in that it was a beautiful old colonial house converted to a restuarant but spoilt because the servers ( waitresses ) were wearing bunny girl type costumes. The five American business men were patting the server's bunny tails and generally being unpleasant chauvanistic pigs. Alan my colleague ( from the UK ) and I treated the servers with respect. The meals came and the Americans had white space around the meals while Alan's and my plate were overflowing with food ( extremely good food ).

One of the Americans called a server over and said, "" Hey Honey Bun how come the Limeys get more than we do "" Her poker faced reply was ""Being a gentleman makes one hungry ""

Sponsored Links
Back