Form making software

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know any form making software, I'm looking for something to create a form to input the data for mainly periodic inspections. I don't mean the type available from the IET. I would like to create one with boxes to select options of text/numbers/data etc. Maybe someone has there own version I could modify?
Ideally it should be reasonably priced, be printable (some of the form creators around are for web sites and don't give printing options), integrate with Word, and possibly the output could be made into a pdf (by pdf making software). I don't want to get involved in Vb programming so ease of use would be a big advantage.
A bit of a tall order but if anyone has any pointers I would be grateful.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
If you've got word why not use that?
you can create drop down text boxes with your selections in them using the control toolbox and create the form exactly how you want it

spent a long time trying that but there were symbols I could not get as part of a drop down menu....one I remember was a tick (as in correct)

Try Wingdings2 uppercase P - it'll get you a tick.

Prefer using Excel to do forms myself.

Or try Tysoft

yeah I know where the tick is, but in word the characters available to be entered into drop down preselections do not have a tick

Are you looking for something like this? A form on our website, created with AWeber autoreply software (I've created the form not for follow-ups but to get specific info quickly from prospects when they have a question, saves a lot of emailing for more info).
It uses html coding, but IMHO should also work in Word (as template).

just a thought.

you need to do say a quote.

they want to know who the quote id from, what are they getting and how much is it.

so if you do it in word

company name / logo at top.

a few titles here and there

a line at the bottom (this quotation remains valid for 30 days from above date)

Then save it as say q1

next quote open 1q1 change details like name address and other bits that you are quoting for. then save as q2

since most things will need tto be changed anyway, the persons address name, what they want and cost, seems a bit pointless buying software you have to keep changing, where as word you only change the bits that need changing.

There is an easier solution for working in Word for this Breezer:

create a template in word that contains all standard items, like you say your company name, address and some T&C.
(You create a template by creating a new page and then saving it as template)
When you go into Word, file (top menu) click new. This will bring up a list of templates. Click on the 'quote' template and this will open as a new page. When you've added all the details of this specific quote click save and enter the name of this document - you'll never overwrite the template or a quotation you made earlier.

Sponsored Links
Back