Fortic F1 Hot Water problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can you help me?

I own a new-build flat with a Range Direct Fortic F1 Super Seven 1400mm (H) X 450mm (D) Combination Cylinder or similar (not sure if it is Super Seven).

The flat is 2.5 years old, after 1 year the overflow started operating, trickling or running.

The new tenants have complained that the hot water does not last until late morning - is it meant to?

They know other tenants in the same stairwell and they do not have this issue.

Between 1 and 2 years the Developer sent round Plumbers (x5) who replaced a valve and changed some settings, but nothing has changed.

The overflow runs late at night as well.

Advice is welcome before I call an engineer / plumber?

Thank you,

Bethan

Sponsored Links
its either

leaking ball valve

or the water level is set to high in the header tank

as for the water lasting

is the bottom immersion heater working :?:

and it will last for a lot longer if you don't use it

ie it depends on how much water they are using on a morning :idea:

You would need to give us some detailed information about how its heated and what timings are in place for us to give you a meaningful reply.

There is someone on here called Goldberg who by his own admission is an expert on plumbing and has fitted " many cylinders". Perhaps he will be able to say something helpful ( that would be the first time though! )

The best advice might be to call a competent plumber and get the problem sorted out quickly.

Even if you did get us the required information on here it could take several days to come to any conclusion and there is always the unfortunate risk that the post could become "locked" before the solution has been found.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back