forum rules / mods

B

breezer

I wonder, popular that this forum is, do the rules still mean anything / apply?

or is it the mods are not around anymore? (holiday perhaps?)

Do mods give up or get sacked?

last mod post was from mod 11, what happened to 1 - 9 ( I have seen the odd post from mod 10)

my questions are:

Why is it "allowed" to "resurect old posts" (which is totaly pointless), since in most cases the person who asked more often than not no longer posts, but some joker will post asking (similar to) "how did you fix it?" genuinely expecting a reply. But yet no mod / admin steps in to point this out?

Why can you ask a question about a tool in any section you like when there is a tools / materials forum and yet it doesn't get moved.

I understand the thinking is, for example a specific crimper will apply to uk electrics or alarms, so they ask the relevant trade people for their opnion, but any one searching will surley look in tools and materials since it is a tool

Sponsored Links
I wonder, popular that this forum is, do the rules still mean anything / apply?
Why don't you ask Admin?

last mod post was from mod 11, what happened to 1 - 9 ( I have seen the odd post from mod 10)
Who cares?

Why is it "allowed" to "resurect old posts" (which is totaly pointless), since in most cases the person who asked more often than not no longer posts, but some joker will post asking (similar to) "how did you fix it?" genuinely expecting a reply. But yet no mod / admin steps in to point this out?
Who does it hurt to let them do that?

Why can you ask a question about a tool in any section you like when there is a tools / materials forum and yet it doesn't get moved.
I daresay that you'd run the ship differently if you were in charge.

I understand the thinking is, for example a specific crimper will apply to uk electrics or alarms, so they ask the relevant trade people for their opnion, but any one searching will surley look in tools and materials since it is a tool
It's surprising where tools turn up.

Quote:

Who cares?

mod 1 chucked it

mod 2 got the bullet

mod 10 is marvellous

now now softus ;)

I always had this idea that Breezer was a mod ???

Sponsored Links
Don't go encouraging breezer - we'll get the full story for the n zillionth time. :rolleyes:

All mods are present and working very hard as usual :) I don't think the mods need to be throwing their weight around to prove their worth/existence.

There has never been an issue with people replying to old posts. Although not always ideal, it does no harm, and there are certain circumstances when it is relevant to reply to an old post. We do split certain replies to old posts if they can form a topic in their own right. :)

There has never been an issue with people replying to old posts.
I cannot agree with that. Linda used to lock topics when more than one month 'stale', and I had several frank exchanges with her on that very subject. At the time, she wasn't the only moderator doing it.

Locking of old topics was never something I specified.

Hm. Site owner vs. Mod?

Normally my money would be on Admin, but Linda has special powers. ;)

but Linda has special powers. ;)

039_35424.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back