Foundation detail for timber extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
howdy all.

I was wondering which foundation to use for a timber single storey extension, roughly 3m X 3m. I was edging towards a raft but I'm struggling to design the detail of the sole plate. And disguising the edge of the raft above ground level.

There is no brickwork skin. I was going to design the raft with compacted hardcore, blinding sand, Dom,100mm ridged insulation and 100mm concrete.

That way fixing through the sole plate won't pierce the dpm. However in struggling to hide the concrete below the timber framing. I was thinking of using a ridged insulation on the external face of the timber and dropping it down 50mm over the concrete/timber joint and then k-rend'ing it.

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
It's not difficult, but you will see something below the frame and above the ground level, so if not concrete, then you need to decide what that something will be and just stick it on the face of the shoe or edge beam.

Fixing through DPC/DPM below the plate won't be an issue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back