Foundation slip planes and aerofil 2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My structural engineer on our small extension project has specified "Aerofil 2" to be place between out foundation and our neighbours foundation which we are building up against.
Any ideas on where I can buy the stuff or any alternatives? Google searches not proving fruitful.

Also, probably a stupid question but how does one produce a slip plane between new and existing foundations? Is this the same thing?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
No, no unusual ground conditions. just wants to keep my construction separate from neighbours as far as I am aware.

Sponsored Links
I@m not sure if providing plastic bags between the rough edge of an existing foundation and then casting in new foundations will provide much of a slip plane because the existing have fairly rough/broken up sides.

But then Im new to this. Are there not other ways of providing a slip plane?

How about a strip of hardboard fitted alongside the existing concrete, before your foundation is poured?
Concrete shrinks slightly anyway, so there's not going to be much of a bond between new and existing, even if you don't use anything.

Either do as Tony has said above or use 25mm Jablite compresble polystyrene. or 50mm pink colour Cordex clay board.
What ever one you use, line the inside and bottom of trench with 1000 gauge polythene.
Reckon your SE must have just finished a dry dock. :rolleyes:
Regards oldun.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back