Foundations are dug now how do I put the stakes in level?

I'd be thinking about doing something with those fences whist access is easy. Id be looking at adding gravel boards and using lesser height panels, thus allowing the ground levels to be uniform across the site.

Then build up to DPC and lay a concrete or slabbed path down the tricky side and back bit whilst access is good and before the walls go up.

Sponsored Links
Funny you should say that about the fence as that neighbour who's garden it joins onto came round yesterday to discuss a new fence so that will be done but not sure when.

Also the path sounds like a good idea, I assume you mean to the left of the garage I between the fence and garage?

Funny you should say that about the fence as that neighbour who's garden it joins onto came round yesterday to discuss a new fence so that will be done but not sure when.

Also the path sounds like a good idea, I assume you mean to the left of the garage I between the fence and garage?
Yeah. You will kick yourself if you don't do something with those bits whilst you have easy access. Trust me.;)

Sponsored Links
Not sure yet, need to do abit of research and price the blocks up etc..

One of my mates is saying do it in breeze blocks but I'm not a fan and so I think concrete blocks will be much better and stronger
LOL nothing like being prepared! Only joking. Looking forward to progress pics. Do you have much garden left over?

Just had a look at that, would that really work? Would need to be a long tube!
Yes, they work really well and are very easy to use. As long as you don't have any air in the tube, then you can just walk around the site dragging the hose with you, adjust the hose till your water touches the mark, and you're at your datum.
Trick is, before you start, fix one end so it can't move, hold the other next to it and mark both pipes at the water level. Then, as long as the end you are holding has the water at the mark, the other end will be as well. Best to check at the end of marking out that they still are (in case you spilt some water). Works over any distance.
It's all my dad used to use for years. His was just some old hosepipe and a couple of bits of clear tube.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back