Foundations required for 6' wall on a hill?

Can anyone advise on what building regs would be appropriate?

Planning have put their oar in & are insisting on planning, so now I need to know what to suggest to building control.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Can anyone advise on what building regs would be appropriate?
Matty, it's not controlled work which is why I asked why you were contacting the council earlier on in the thread. The only time LABC would intervene in this type of work is if the work was obviously unsafe and posed a risk to public safety.

so now I need to know what to suggest to building control.
You, don't suggest anything to LABC, apart from notifying them that you "believe" a structure that is immediately dangerous is/has been constructed, if that is the case.

OK cheers, one of these wals has already been done with less than a foot of foundations, another has been done with similar only this time they fibbed to planning that they had it at 2' and they have put vertical bars in to look good.

I think a little test dig our side of the foundations is called for, with photo's and a short tape measure :D

Looking back, you have not said if there are actually any building regs that apply to building a supporting wall on a hill.

Are there?

Surely there must be a reg that dictates foundation depths?

Sponsored Links
Nope, outside BRegs; is only an issue if safety of the public is affected and, if next to a highway, has to be designed to withstand certain loadings.

OK cheers :(

We'll expect a couple of cars in the kitchen window in a while then :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back