Foundations / Slab for a block outbuilding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for some advice... We had planning approved for an outbuilding with dimensions of 4.8m x 3m with a pitched roof (overall height around 3.6M).

Approved plans:
Planning Drawings.JPG

As the building in under 30sq meters it doesn't require building regulations so apart from the planning drawings with dimensions we don't have much to go on.

I have been quoted for a reinforced slab with the metal rebar stuff and fibers 300mm deep which the groundworkers seems to think is more than enough for a single story outbuilding. I've also been quoted for double skin blockwork walls using concrete blocks (the heavy ones on the outside and thermalite blocks on the internal skin).

The roof / windows / electrics etc i'm more comfortable with sorting but the foundation and walls are pretty fundamental and i don't have a lot of experience of these things, does the above sound reasonable or am i missing something. It seems simple enough but I know that building rarely is straightforward!
Any advice would be welcome, thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back