FP715 Danfoss programmer problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is my first post having been lurking around for a while!

Anyway, for some reason a danfoss programmer just doesn't want to work. Was adding some radiators to a system so turned off the boiler e.t.c at the fused spur. Turned the fused spur back on when i'd finished the job, only to notice that the programmer hadn't come back on. The boiler and room stat is working fine. I've taken the unit off and there's power going to it. I followed the reset instructions in the manual but had no luck with that and it still wouldn't come back on. So it seems as though the programmer has gone duff. Not sure what else it could be? The unit is only 2 years old, surely turning the power off shouldn't damage the unit?

Sponsored Links
Is it FP715 or FP715si?

If the programmer is not sitting correctly on the backplate/ screws on the back plate not holding the programmer in place, programmer mat appear to be dead.

Did you press the man override or 1 hour button to see if something happens (like a click of relay operating)? Does the red LED glow when aforementioned buttons pressed?

It's the si version. Nope, nothing at all, no response whatsoever and the red light isn't on either. I removed it and replaced it numerous times to make sure the contacts were correct. Bit baffled really, done a bit of googling and it seems as though this happens quite frequently with this programmer, may be a fault with the product.

Did you use a multimeter or a neon tester on the back plate? What is the rateing of the fuse in the spur?

Danfos is my programmer of choice. Have yet to get a bad batch.

Sponsored Links
Yep, the connections on the backplate are live. Got a 3 amp fuse in the fused spur. There isn't a problem with that since the boiler is working fine. Its a combi so hot water is working fine, customer is just without heating. Guess i'll just have to replace!

Would be tempted to dismantle the programmer and have a look at the pcb

Rang technical today and they said they'd replace it for free even though it's out of warranty. Not a bad result!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back