Frame thickness/depth for framed and ledged braced doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If installing a framed ledge and braced door in each of the doorways of a brick shed (below), what thickness and depth of frame would you suggest for a standard thickness of FLB door?

I think standard door thickness might be 42mm.

Thanks.

raw

Sponsored Links
Your photo didn't come up.

Are you making your own frame?

Cheers,

Blup

Your photo didn't come up.

Are you making your own frame?

Cheers,

Blup
Try refreshing your PC for this thread, as I can see the image. I'm using Chrome as a browser, perhaps it's the browser you're using? Can anyone else see the image above?

I was going to make a frame, or can frames be bought "off the shelf"? Perhaps a timber "mould" in the frame shape required?

I can't see the pics, but..

Timber merchants and the DIY sheds supply pre-made door linings. For example,Wickes do these:

https://www.wickes.co.uk/Products/D...ixings/Interior-Door-Linings+Frames/c/1001167.

The depth is determined by the depth of the brick, presumably a single skin in your case. The thickness of the frame would determine the depth of wood screw used, relatively shallow, but you will be using a number of screws in each hinge to support the weight of the door.

Blup

Sponsored Links
If installing a framed ledge and braced door in each of the doorways of a brick shed (below), what thickness and depth of frame would you suggest for a standard thickness of FLB door?

I think standard door thickness might be 42mm.

Thanks.

raw
Can,t see image, you may not have given other permission to view?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back