franchise dealer fitted wrong gearbox,

• Thread starter rules&rulers
  • Start date
I remember my first excursion into an auto box.....early Mini or 1100 it was.
The car started off in third, and then changed down as I went faster :eek:
Turned out I had fitted some block or other upside down:cry:
John :)
But that wan't a proper auto box, clever engineering though.;)

Sponsored Links
It was a proper autobox of it's era. 4 speeds and a torque convertor, running in engine oil in the "sump".
Rulesandrulers seems to have had good offers from his dealer which I'd be accepting.

Are you going for option 2 or 3 ? I assume this is a Jag XF ?

Hi,just signed up to option 3 the defective car is not a jag but taking ownership of the hire car,which was not technically a hire car but the demo/MD's car of the local jag dealer.

Result.

Test it in reverse before you take it away ! And please tell us what the defective car is.

Sponsored Links
Dave thanks, having had the car for 2 weeks now i can say with confidence that the reverse gear works very well,

The dealer asked me not to publish any information that would prejudice the brand or their business,so the defective car was not a Jag.

When my car went in for repairs they gave me a small courtesy car but i rejected this as i am entitled to a similar size/quality car.This was backed up by the finance company so they got me a Jag as a courtesy car ,i have agreed to take this car as an exchange.

Although the original gear selection fault was fixed (intermittently it would hold 2nd gear to long,only changing up to 3rd at 60mph). Then the reverse selection was found not to operate if this was corrected before handing the car back to me then i would be none the wiser.

So all sorted,

The dealer has to fix your original car and sell it to some unsuspecting punter. They'll take a bit financial hit over this.

So, the MD of the franchise dealer drove a Jag but your car wasn't a Jag? What sort of dealership gives the MD a demo Jag but sells something else?

So, the MD of the franchise dealer drove a Jag but your car wasn't a Jag? What sort of dealership gives the MD a demo Jag but sells something else?

All the main dealers in that area are owned by one company and the individual dealerships are franchises,the main company is on their letter heads followed by the vehicle marque ,i was in their service/repair hanger there were different makes of newish cars being serviced at the same time. they do all the service/repair work in one remote location ,counted 26 car lifts 10 in use. kind of makes financial sense.

I have had some poor service and some good service from them but will i return to them for my next car purchase ?. well i have 30 months to decide.

Why 30 months? Is this a contract hire vehicle? If so I suppose the garage has to keep the lease company happy.

Dave,car is on a 3 year finance plan.so i will trade it in before expensive repairs come along so not have to bother with mot's etc.

I will trade it in just before the warranty runs out (get's a much better trade in value) and drive out in a nice new car.

so would you like a nice jag in 2.5 years time ?. brilliant car.

Sponsored Links
Back