Franke sink and plumbing kit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have recently bought and had fitted into my work tops a Franke sink with drainer. When buying the sink I bought a Franke plumbing kit in order to make sure I could drain my sink, bowl, DW and washing machine.

I've come round to fitting all the waste for the sink and the silcon-ing the drains but the amount of bits that have come with the sink is amazing! I've got so many fixtures, fittings cone and washers I don't know what order to assmble it in?!

This should be easy to put together right?

Thanks for any help you can give. I can of course start taking photos/listing the parts that came with it if needed.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
there are sometimes more parts than required especially if bought from b&q because the waste kits are not sink specific ie universal, if you take a pic of the section your trying to assemble i will tell you the order

Thanks for getting back to me on this.

The waste plumbing kit is the one bought from Franke as was the sink and taps.

Here are the pieces laid out in what I think is the right order:

qnmmb8.jpg

Could you let me know which way round it goes.... i.e. looking at this sink photo:

717j36.jpg

Which plug hole is on the left and which is on the right? And have I got the plastic work the right way round?

The next think I need to know if the combination or yellow cones and black sealing rings... which goes on first and which way round does the yellow cone sit?

The final thing will be for me to photograph the waste kit and, as you say, they'll probably be bits that are not needed or that'll replace the bits I've show in the first photo.

Thanks

cant remember any extra bits coming with the kit might need bit of trimming the pipe

It is fairly easy once you get use to them and,make sure to follow the manufacturers instructions,look at the diagram

Sponsored Links
Is that wee bit of chrome we can see the overflow? If so, the flexi from it connects to the LHS strainer you have there on the side, probably on the RHS sink. Once you've the strainers in, play the rest by ear, given the differing heights of the two sink parts. Black washers appear to be for the pipe-butt joints onto the bottom of the strainers, yellow ones for a pipe-pipe joint, IIRC they go on flat side to the inside of the joint, cone towards the "nut". The black caps look like they'd allow you to blank the overflow/washing machine connector, but I can't see them properly :)

Given the two strainer outlets are at different heights, I'd suspect the longer pipe with the washing machnie inlet might go on the smaller of the two sinks, thus making the two wastes "level", but you'll have to see how it goes when you try it.

I used some silicon to bed my strainers in, given I've had fun with leaky washers before now, not sure whether it's good practice or not :), but they're not leaking..

, yellow ones for a pipe-pipe joint, IIRC they go on flat side to the inside of the joint, cone towards the "nut". ..
Other way round , M8 ;) flat to nut - pushes cone into joint . rest is fine

Thansk for your input guys.

I've had a play with all the bits and bobs and got this far:

2s6r8g8.jpg

I guess I'm right in saying that, seeing as I've bought the waste plumbing kit, I don't need to use the white bits that came with the sink?

How does it looks so far from the photo above? (I know it needs trimming down to fit!!) Have I got the right idea so far?

The last bit Im struggling with is the connection of the 1/2 bowl to the stack? Any ideas what it'll be to finish it off as I've got these bits left over:

34huy34.jpg

Any idea if I have to use the small fitting furthest on the right in the photo? I says on it Vertical only and has a small air valve in the plastic cap.

You`ve got the Spazio waste :idea: . you`re sort of right - @ least the flexi`s are . The manifold goes back to the rear of the cabinet , then those parts you have left over come out the wastes @ 90 degrees , High up ;) Forget the air valve bit. And sell the white bits down @ Cophall ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back