New Franke Sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have recently purchased a Franke Galassia Inset sink and have installed it this evening.

The instructions in the packaging were disappointing to say the least. Therefore I have a couple of questions. Hopefully someone will be able to help me.

1) The sink waste/ plughole was packaged assembled (but not on the sink) The top drainer part was screwed into the part which goes under the sink. Between the two parts were two gaskets- a foamy one on top of a rubber one. I have assumed that the foam one sits on top of the sink and the rubber one under the sink. It doesn't appear to leak, though I'd appreciate some reassurance that I have placed these in the right place.

2) In the packaging was a triangular piece of steel / aluminium with a tap sized hole in it. I assume this goes under the sink to strengthen where the taps mount? Thing is, it's bent. Is this intentional or should I bend it so that it is flat? I have installed the taps without it (stupidly forgetting I'd need to dismantle my joints!) I assume if I fit this, it should go right against the sink with the long edge of the triangle parallel to the back edge of the sink. The supplied C-Washers supplied with taps would then go on outside of this reinforcement piece?

Thanks in advance, I have had a look on Franke's website, but it was all style and no substance!

Sponsored Links
Well Paul.

Question 1, correct ;)

Question 2, correct. though you lose brownie points for not fitting it :cry:

:LOL:

You might like to know Franke is not pronunced like Frankie - it`s like Planker :idea: . maybe they are telling us something :LOL:

Thanks chaps.

They also supplied some sealing strips to go between sink and worktop. Are these better than using silicone sealant? What should I use?

Sponsored Links
personally I always throw the sealing strip in the bin and use a good sealant. Franke make some excellent sinks but their waste fittings are absolute sh*te!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back