Franke sink washer query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a new Franke sink to install.

It came with 2 washers for the waste, one is rubber with ridges one side and flat the other. The other washer is a felt-like material.

I am guessing that the felt one goes under the waste on top of the sink and the rubber one goes under the sink with the ridges upwards pressing against the sink bottom.

Any help would be appreciated from someone who has installed one of these before..

Many thanks in advance.

Mark

Sponsored Links
discard the foam washer ,the one with ridges, this you use on the underside of the sink between the bottom of the bowl and the plastic strainer, i normally use a bead of white/clear silicone on the metal strainer and a bead of silicone on the top of the rubber washer and below where it meets the underside of the sink and the plastic strainer, assemble the components and then tighten the screw and try to leave to dry, a little use is ok but no use is best overnight.

Many thanks shorky for taking the time to reply, your advice was very helpfull.

Regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back