Franke Swiss Pro Monobloc Mixer Tap Tail Replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First timer here, so apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong place. I have a Franke Swiss Pro mixer tap in my kitchenn, that was fitted 12 years ago. The hot water has lost some of its pressure and so I have changed the cartridge and cleaned the sprinkler head of scale, but this has not fixed the problem. Upon closer inspection the hot water flexible tap tail has a number of kinks in it (not sure how these occurred), so I would like to change it. The problem is there does not appear to be any way to access the thread going into the mono bloc, as there is a large brass threaded column that is used to fix the tap to the work surface. Has any body got any suggestions as to how I access the tap tail to change it? (picture shows the brass threaded fixing)
IMG_5168.JPG

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
1. The tails are only meant to be put in hand tight. In theory you should be able to remove by unscrewing holding the flexible braid.
2. In practice they are usually too tight.
3. You will have to take the tap to pieces. I can't remember how its done.
4. You may find it easier to replace than repair.

Thanks Old Buffer. I imagine the reason the braids are bent and twisted in the first place was because too much pressure was applied when they were first put in. I've tried to unscrew them, but due to the connectors preventing me from threading the tails through the worktop and the tails only being 200mm long, it's not been possible to get a suitable grip on them (wd40 liberally applied to no effect either). There doesn't seem be any way to disassemble the tap and I am not brave enough to apply my Dad's old Stillson to the brass for fear of messing up the thread. It looks like I will have to live with it until the new kitchen is put in in ten years time or so!

I've just fitted a franke monobloc, quite different fittings now.

Looking at your image I would imagine the brass threaded column fitment should unscrew to expose the tails.
Couldn't you use the stillsons at the top of the tread, (bright bit) as I don't imagine the nut goes that far up.

Can you put up with this for the next 10 years?:eek:

Sponsored Links
Thanks Mr Chibs - why didn’t I think of that? You’re absolutely right and the worktop is thicker than the width of the jaws of the Stillson, so applying the grips at the top of the brass would not be an issue. Will give it a go!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back