Free Video Editing Software.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Basically, as the title says.
I'm looking for some free video editing software that is straight forwardly basic and simple to use as I am not tech savvy.

I just want it to shorten any videos I take at air shows or from my dash cam when an idiot puts in an appearance. Nothing worse than having to sit through 5 minutes of normal driving before you get to see an incident lasting 5 seconds or so.

Sponsored Links
Probably windows moviemaker? Does that still exist?

If you want something a bit more pro, Davinci Resolve is free

I forget which win10 tool it is, but if you open the files using "open with", you get to try the apps on your desktop. One of them lets you trim video for free.

I've been using Openshot which is available on the App Store, for making simple movies and bits and bobs with the kids, it's pretty intuitive and you can add titles, photos, fade to black between shots, add music, pretty good for free. It's good fun and can be quite addictive! I tried a couple of others before settling on this one.

A simple music editer to use is WavePad which is also free on the App Store.

Sponsored Links
Kdenlive (free) is just like Camtasia (paid) and will do what you want.
Does all sorts.

Another feature of of Openshot I should have mentioned is that it's really easy to delete the sound on bit of video too. Good thread, I might try a few of the other suggestions if I've not already.

Back