Fused Switch Terminals

The light fitting is a little bit like this but not quite as fancy (I won't post a pic of our actual light fitting, I don't actually like it and want to change it) and we have 4 energy saver light bulbs usually screwed in. When I find a nice replacement fitting it will be something like this still.

endon-lighting-westbury-4-light-plate-fitting-antique-brass-p10248-15216_image.jpg

I will get this stuff connected back tomorrow as advised in this thread and report back.

Sponsored Links
Well, this 5 minute job is now more than that and I need help.
I advise reflecting on how much easier and quicker this would have been had you owned a multimeter, and could, in a matter of minutes, have used it to determine which terminals were connected to which....

Sponsored Links
I would love to know who made this weird thing, like most, I've never seen anything like it.

I do note that only BS1636 is shown on the fuse holder and nothing on the switch part. Also they are not designed to fit together, because the switch is obstructing access to the neutral terminal screws. And the manufacturer was so secretive he omitted his own logo. It's more like something knocked up in a shed.

Very odd, I would change it for a kosher make.

I didn't get to fit it back today and now the kids are home I won't be able to turn the sockets off; i'll die if I turn off the Internet at this time. Working from home tommorrow so will find a time to get it done tomorrow.

I did a Google image search on this product and found the product still available here (mine is date stamped 04/07/07) : https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Schneide...connection-unit-Stone-Finish-33-/253950167081

... the pictures on that item show the jumper wire in place from the manufacturer.

GET PLC is faintly stamped on mine and a bit more searching found GET PLC which is now Schneider Electric : https://www.schneider-electric.co.uk/en/about-us/company-profile/brands/get.jsp

I will wire it back as advised previously in this thread but longer term I think I will look to replace it.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Well well, Schneider are a kosher company, so you can be sure its ok.

But why "stone" finish, is your real name Fred Flintstone? or Barnie Rubble maybe.

I appreciate all the help with this guys, I reinstalled the FCU today as per the advice and it's all working again. I put in a 5amp fuse instead of a 3amp as that's what I had to hand; and it has given me a reminder that I need to get a stock of different fuses for the house.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back