Editing DVD / .ts videos

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got some files that were recorded onto a memory card, which I would like to put on a DVD.

I've transferred the filed to my PC, but now want to edit/trim the video before hopefully burning them onto a DVD.

So far I've tried avidemux which saves the video as .mkv that I am not familiar with and Microsoft Clipchamp which exports the video as .mp4 and will take ages based on the on I tried.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a simple, free editing software that I can use.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I've recently started using Shotcut...
First impressions are very good, it's powerful and easy to use.
I've also been impressed by being able to experiment with effects in real-time.

I'm afraid I haven't played with DVD authoring, and I know this isn't the simple software you were searching for, but it may be worth a look?

Edit:
Just remembered, Avidemux allows quick edits of MPEG-2 streams (.ts), because it can cut off chunks of video, without having to re-encode the whole lot.
Encoding the video with Shotcut, will possibly take as long as it would with Clipchamp.

Last edited:
I've recently started using Shotcut...
Thanks for your suggestion. It is definitely worth a look... I will just have to see how long the encoding takes.

I don't necessarily need simple software, but I want something easy to use to do what I see as a quite simple edit ( i.e. I won't be using the bells and whistles, so it doesn't matter if they are there or not).

Sponsored Links
Back