FREESAT HD BOX???????????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As title im looking at purchasing a freesat box but which one??
i own a samsung lcd tv so automatically thought a samsung box but the reviews it was getting were awful! i would like to get one but does anyone know if they have sorted all the bugs / glitches with them?? the other choice would be humax
just wanted to get some feedback from everyone off of here so i can get some real reviews and not the ones the manufacturers want you to see
look forward to peoples views experiences etc
many thanks

Sponsored Links
I've got a newish FreeView Humax and have to say its bug/glitch free and is very easy to use, the Sat version has a laggy guide though but that's cos the signal is via satellite though.

what dish do you plan on using ??
a preset sky dish will be quite close but will need adjusted and not generally useable for both freesat and sky

I have the Samsung 57800 and I'm very pleased with it. What problems did they mention in the reviews? The one remote works fine with my Samsung TV as well.

Once it 'lost' all my recordings, but a reset of the box restored them all again. And ITVPlayer still isn't available - I think that's still restricted to the Humax. It connects to YouTube and will play all the media on my local network.

Sponsored Links
Forgot to mention.

One of the criticisms I read about the Samsung is that you couldn't pad recordings, to make sure you didn't miss beginning/end of programmes. The Samsung uses the network signal to start recording at the beginning of the programme, and waits until the next programme starts before stopping. Therefore you will never miss start/end of recordings.

what dish do you plan on using ??
a preset sky dish will be quite close but will need adjusted and not generally useable for both freesat and sky
I'm not sure what this means but I suspect that it's incorrect.

A Sky minidish works equally for both Sky and Freesat. Just make sure that the LNB has sufficient outputs for the receivers you plan to use.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back