Freestanding to built in cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Firstly I`m not sure if this is strictly an appliances question, or a general diy question so apologies if I`m wrong.

Three years ago I fitted a new kitchen and decided to stay with my existing freestanding cooker, which even though it`s very old is still very good (proper heavy duty old school Belling). I have now decided to update, but I`ve noticed that the modern freestanding offerings seem to be very flimsy and tinny, and a lot of the better manufacturers such as Bosch etc don`t do freestanding cookers, only built in.

This only leaves me with one option, to go built in. To fit a "built under" double oven in my existing cooker slot will be easy as it`s the standard 600mm width and I have some spare plinth to go across the bottom. The problem will be the hob due to a lack of worktop across the top to fit it into.

Has anybody done anything like this and found a good way around it? I don`t want to rip out my worktops and start again as the kitchen is still very new.

I would be grateful for any ideas!

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back