Freeview television

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a freeview box on my television downstairs. Is there anyway of getting freeview on my television upstairs using the same freeview box.

Cheers,
Simon.

Sponsored Links
Not unless you want to watch the same programs on both sets.
Don't be a cheapskate, by two.

Yes..Assuming your freeview has an RF out. When you watch freeview on the main TV can you tune your TV into freeview or can you only watch using scart?. If only scart then you cant watch on other TV's. If you can tune TV then get a booster then you can not only watch Freeview but also VCR on other TV's.

Sponsored Links
If you answer my question first, because if you say you cant tune TV to freeview then you cant watch it on another TV.
I MEAN TUNE NOT SCART

If it has RF out plug a lead into & tune tv just to confirm. If that works buy a booster.
You then connect as:
Ant in to freeview
freeview to vcr
vcr to booster/spiltter
booster out to any tv that you want, you will then be able watch freeview & vcr on any tv connected to booster/spiltter.
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5344259.htm

edit
dont forget you will have to tune tv's in

s.waring3578 said:
I don't mind watching the same thing upstairs as long as we get freeview. How do I do this please.

Cheers,

Have you mastered time travel, how are you going to be in two places at once. How are you going to control the freeview from upstairs, bit of a pointless exercise really isn't it? You can get a freeview box for a little over £20.00 its going to cost you that in cable and boosters. :confused:

nstreet

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:18 am Post Subject:

s.waring3578 wrote:
I don't mind watching the same thing upstairs as long as we get freeview. How do I do this please.

Cheers,
Have you mastered time travel, how are you going to be in two places at once. How are you going to control the freeview from upstairs, bit of a pointless exercise really isn't it? You can get a freeview box for a little over £20.00 its going to cost you that in cable and boosters.

I have 2 freeviews, BUT I also have my bedroom TV connected to freeview not on its own box. If Im watchin TV downstairs & want to finish watching when Im going to bed its useful.

It is not possible to put freeview box on my TV, thats in the bedroom.

nstreet said:
Have you mastered time travel, how are you going to be in two places at once. How are you going to control the freeview from upstairs, bit of a pointless exercise really isn't it? You can get a freeview box for a little over £20.00 its going to cost you that in cable and boosters. :confused:

Cant you buy a remote controller reciever?
or a replica remote that has a longer range?

here:
http://www.siliconchip.com.au/cms/A_30352/article.html

Dave9 said:
nstreet said:

Cant you buy a remote controller reciever?
or a replica remote that has a longer range?

here:
http://www.siliconchip.com.au/cms/A_30352/article.html[/QUOTE]

You can but Why?? when you can but another freeview box for the same or less and just run a new bit of coax for the aerial, or use an indoor aerial in the loft.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back