Freeview

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I got a Panasonic Viera flat screen with inbuild freeview but I am unable to get the signal. I instaled signal booster but still not signal. I have been told that I may need an indoor DAB Antenna but that it may not work. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
If you have an outdoor aerial and can pick up normal TV on a normal telly, use that. No indoor aerial can compare to a rooftop aerial.

If it does work on a normal telly - and there is a signal on the wire, I suggest theres something you need to do to the settings on the telly.

My telly, for example, has a button that you press to switch between analogue and freeview. Have you found such a button? The channels on the freeview side may need registering etc so it can find them - read the manual.

IF your rooftop aerial provides a flaky grainy picture on analogue with a normal telly, then I suggest the signal isnt strong enough. DVB freeview requires a medium to strong signal to pick up anything - its all or nothing I'm afraid. Is Cable available? :LOL: You can get free Sky TV cards.

BTW, DAB stands for digital audio broadcasting. This aerial wouldnt work with your telly. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Any ideas?

Put one of these on your roof.

27884D_AerialCut_med_RGB_full.jpg

Thanks to all. My TV has got a communal aereal for all houses (no flats) so I can not put a new one. When I try to synchronize the DAB channels with the remote control it says no signal available. Do I need to be in an area DAB "friendly" or what?
Thanks

DAB != Freeview

You need to be in a Freeview area, and your communal aerial must be grouped accordingly so that the Freeview signals are received. If you can't change your aerial, you can only try to use an internal antenna or hang an external antenna out your window...

I had a Sagem set top freeview box which wasn't getting very good reception although when I connected the aerial straight into the tv it was fine. I tried using a booster but it didn't improve the signal at all.

In the end I had to get a new roof aerial as the old one was well past its sell by date and the coaxial cable had water damage too.

It's quite likely that if your aerial/cable is old or you are using a set top aerial then you won't get a good enough signal for freeview to work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back