Freezer circuit

crafty1289 said:
Our fridge/freezer is on an RCD. In the last 6 months (since consumer unit change) we haven't had a problem with it.

So is mine and the other 99.9% of all freezers. A none RCD circuit is a nice to have in the perfect world but not the norm (in my opinion)

Sponsored Links
racket said:
Are you doing the work yourself, cos if you are be prepared for some reg's reading sparky to come along and start ranting about part P :LOL: If not then should'nt your spark be able to tell you ;)
Racket - until you can accept that it is important to tell people of the existence of Part P, then either go away or stop making snide comments.

JohnD said:
were you thinking of a large commercial freezer?
yes. definitely. absolutely. :LOL: in fact, i was thinking of split-unit types with a refrigeration plant and about 20 compressors outside. Bet they have brushes and have a lot of earth leakage :cool:

the big issue with freezers in particular (not so much with fridges since refridgerated food doesn't tend to last all that long anyway) is if they lose power while your not there and if you keep expensive food (e.g. meat) in the freezer it can get rather expensive.

however as most people don't consider such things when getting a rewire done and just go for the cheapest quote its not that common to have a seperate cuircuit domestically despite the sense in doing so.

Sponsored Links
until you can accept that it is important to tell people of the existence of Part P, then either go away or stop making snide comments.

oooohhhh touched a nerve have we :LOL:

Chill man, you shouldn't let things easily wind you up, otherwise people might do it all the more :LOL:

No - only pillocks do that, and I don't give a stuff what people like them think.

Not only me :LOL: look back at a lot of your posts, you do p**s a few people off

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back