Freezer cooling problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Kuppersbusch IKE458-4-4T fridge freezer but the freezer is not working as it should and I am hoping people on here can help me identify the problem.

The food in the freezer seems to be frozen and I haven’t noticed problems there however there is a very active alarm that triggers when the temperature is -11 Celsius or above. This, as I am sure you can imagine, is very irritating noise, especially when it goes off in the night!

If I don’t open the freezer door, it will eventually cool to about -16 but won’t get as low as -20 and can take several days to get there. If I open and close the doors a few times - nothing excessive, just day to day use, the temperature rises and the alarm triggers shortly after closing the door again and often periodically for a day or so.

Clearly the freezer is working to a point, it’s just not as powerful as it was. There was ice built up at the back so I took the panel out and cleared this but it hasn’t solved the problem. It’s been a few weeks and ice has built up again at the back, though not badly. The fan appears to be working well.

Any ideas what the problem is?

Sponsored Links
Take a look at "related threads" lower down this page.

you've read the ones that say turn it off and leave the doors open for at least 24 hours and until it stops dripping. Did that help?

Sponsored Links
Two questions.

Where is the freezer ? If in an unheated room, garage or shed then with winter weather the low ambient temperature might be affecting the refrigeration cycle.

Is there adequate room behind ir around the freezer to allow air to circulate through the condenser, ( the bit that gets warm with thr heat taken from inside the freezer. ?

Two questions.

Where is the freezer ? If in an unheated room, garage or shed then with winter weather the low ambient temperature might be affecting the refrigeration cycle.

Is there adequate room behind ir around the freezer to allow air to circulate through the condenser, ( the bit that gets warm with thr heat taken from inside the freezer. ?

It’s in my kitchen. It’s an integrated fridge freezer that was installed by the manufacturer when new with plenty of space behind for circulation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back