Freezer not freezing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all I have been hearing a clicking noise in my kitchen and but its intermittent and I was not sure where it was coming from. This morning I have noticed the freezer part of my Whirlppol fridge freezer is defrosting and the clicking is from there. The fridge part appears to be working fine. Any ideas ?

Sponsored Links
No Frank it's definitely an electrical click. It was driving me mad for a day or so. I am guessing something is not turning on as it should.

Sponsored Links
If it is a frost-free freezer there is a good chance the ducts at the back are choked with ice. Sometimes this is because the heating circuit is not working. You can't get at these ducts.

Take out all the food from the freezer, unplug it, leave the door open for 24 hours or until it stops dripping, whichever is the longer.

Pull it away from the wall so you can see water dripping into the collection dish on top of the motor, as well as dripping into the bottom of the cabinet. Do not start it up before all the hidden ice has dripped out, or you have wasted your time. Clean out the collection dish so it doesn't overflow onto any electrical parts.

Hi I just cleaned out my zanussi fridge freezer freed the little hole in the fridge did nothing else and now no light and fridge not working any help please ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back