freezer temperature

paj

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
have been having problems with my whirlpool freezer which is in kept in the garage it will sometimes make a clicking sound and the temp display will start flashing it eventually stops and the temp reads -21 to -23 then sometimes it will be -16.now the temp is -5 and i cannot alter it ,can anyone help??, thanks

Sponsored Links
look at it a different way

have you 2 temperature controls !! one for the fridge one for the freezer!!

if you only have one temperature control the usual problem is the temperature is perfect in the garage for the fridge at say around 5 degrees so the compressor wont be required as its cold enough
try increasing the temperature off the freezer by moving it to a warmer place or heat the garage to at least 15 degrees

its just an upright freezer with one temp setting control ,when i try to set it ,it just reverts back to -5

is that telling you perhars the actual temperature rather than the demanded setting!!
TRY UNPLUGGING for an hour and see if it resets its self!!

Sponsored Links
had the freezer in the house all night and made no difference,the temp is down to -1 now and i cant hear the compressor working there is no noise comming from that area at all,could it be a thermostat?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back