French electrical

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
Does any one know where i can get french plugs and sockets i'm fitting them in a homemade bar for a mate.

Thanks
Jake

Sponsored Links
Try france... i'm sure there will be somewhere to buy stuff ( like our B&Q ) ;)

I'm really looking for a website. I found a french B&Q but they didn't sell stuff on online.

Thanks
Jake

Sponsored Links
any wholesaler that sells MK stuff might be able to get them as MK do make Schuko sockets to fit our boxes..

schuko sockets and french sockets are not the same (though most modern stuff does come with plugs that fit both).

Hello
Does any one know where i can get french plugs and sockets i'm fitting them in a homemade bar for a mate.

Thanks
Jake

Put a suitable fuse in an FCU for each socket to protect the socket and the lead plugged into it from overload if the appliance goes into a high current fault situation.

Feeding the whole bar from a 13 amp socket might appear safe. But if an appliance faults and takes 10 amps through a 5 amp appliance lead then the lead will overheat and maybe burn without the 13 amp fuse ever blowing.

So those would be appliances and leads designed to be protected by a 16A device, would they?

Try a wholesaler selling Legrand.

I made up a lead for a 5A schuko-plugged rice cooker for a friend. Previously, it was plugged into an adapter with no cpc continuity. :eek:

Try france...
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Reminds me of the Fawlty Towers scene where Basil is recommending palces for the "gorilla" man to eat. He wants French food, so Basil suggests he swim across the channel, because the swim will sharpen his appetite.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

"Best hurry though, the tide leaves in 20 minutes!"

Classic.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back