French hostages..

They went over there chasing the big bucks - they knew the risks. If you venture into the lions den and get mauled - well who's fault is that?
#

nobody 'deserves' being held hostage by criminals? do they? especially children !!! I get the point you're trying to make, but versus kids? nah !!! not good form Joe !!!

Where does Joe use the word deserve?

so if i say i like having sex with pineapples, and you reply why do you find fruit attractive, we didn't use the same words, but ...... oh it doesn't matter Aron !

If I climb onto a roof covered in ice, do I deserve to fall, or is it just my own fault.

See the difference?

People who go to third world dodgy countries to make money, really shouldn't be taking their families.

oh come on... the level of risk doesn't make the kidnappers right in what they do, and it certainly doesn't stop you feeling the pain of that family.... (or shouldn't in my view) !

Sponsored Links
On reflection Aron, we don't need to argue this out... let the rest of the people decide... if i'm right, you say the French family are to blame for their plight because the adults went after some big cash.. i'm saying kidnapping for religious reasons is completely wrong and that poor family has committed absolutely no crime whatsoever !

anyone care to comment?

Yes. Make a risk assessment and then make your choice, but don't whine when it doesn't go the way you want it to.

Sponsored Links
you say the French family are to blame for their plight because the adults went after some big cash

Would you take your children there on the promise of big money?

Irrelevant. The French family are not in the wrong. They have taken a huge risk, but they have done nothing wrong.
I'm not arguing the politics or the cultural ramifications, just feel for the family.

In theory i should be allowed to walk through any part of Manchester i want to at any time of the day. i wouldn't, but am i doing something illegal if i do and i get mugged?

Back