Fresh food

= filleted white fish, dipped in thick batter and deep fried so the batter is crisp and light brown, but the fish is cooked by steaming inside the batter, and not oily or greasy. And the chips are thickish wedges of peeled potato, about as thick as your finger, deep fried (twice) and without being treated with salt, cornstarch, sugar or anything else that we find in (ugh) McDonalds.

A traditional British takeaway food. Chip shops have friers bigger than a bathtub. The chips are thrown in by the bucketful but the fish are lowered in individually so they don't stick together as the batter puffs up, and the friers are so big that you don't get a temperature drop that would make the food absorb oil.

Difficult to replicate at home because no-one has a big enough frier.

Sponsored Links
don't care for fish, but the chips sound good. They sell a very cheap imitation (by the sounds of it) here and I don't like it here (USA)

mlb3c said:
ya know..........when i first came here, I just sat on the sidelines and it was a little like watchin the crowd at a bar (pub) and you all were bein yourselves (well ya know what i mean).....anyway, after the "dolly" thingy....suspicions cropped up and everyone got their "knickers" in a wad and it changed....and I suspect there are true "gentlemen" out there and maybe chivalry is not dead after all.......but it seems sorta boring and "walkin on egg shells" sorta. I can't take the credit/blame.....but I wish it would go back the way it was. You really don't have to kiss my as s.
Best regards,
mlb :)
by the way fish and chips are fish and fries?

AND WE ARE ALL GRATEFULL FOR THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tHIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN PLACED IN THE WRONG BOX.I was answering the U S A office!!

toffee said:
moz...
being a new lady here I dont understand where all this suspicion comes from regarding whether the ladies who post here are biological ladies or really posess a pair of balls???????????
why does it keep cropping up?
is there some historical problem with men posting as women???
I will ask you directly... do you think that I am a man?
I noticed before that moz often seems to think that people here log on under different names/identities. He talks of MI6 websites, isp numbers, 'black hat' forums (whatever they are but they sound a bit dodgy), and all sorts of other paranoid-soundidng stuff. If I were you I wouldn't worry too much about it.

There was one time a few months ago when I was convinced that someone was logging on under two identities, I won't mention any names but one of the characters was a German 'scientist'. :D

Sponsored Links
Well I can assure you all that I am all woman - I must be because how many blokies do you know who have boobies big enough to burn? And no before you ask, you are not going to get a pic to prove that I burned one of my boobies :eek:

Gary_M has now got my email address and as it is in my name ( a female one) I am hardly likely to be a male (unless I was a trannie which I am not!).

Anyway, how do we know that Moz isn't a laydee as he likes to call me? His name could be Maureen for all we know :rolleyes:

Back