Freshen up old kitchen units

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We inherited an old kitchen (about 15 years old), not marks or damage but a wood effect finish on the doors, we'd like to either paint, or have them sprayed a very light cream colour.

Can units be painted easily and to a decent finish? Or is spraying better? We dont want to spend £'000's, we just want to spend a little to brighten to kitchen up

Whats the best option please?

Sponsored Links
Spraying get best finish but if flat with no rails etc a paint roller gives acceptable finish.
Prime with ESP and paint .

If you don't fancy painting, have a look at new doors from diyhomefit......not particularly cheap but still good value - and a perfect finish.
John :)

Thanks people, will try the ESP and kitchen cupboard paint first as we only want to freshen the units up as we hope to replace the kitchen next year

Sponsored Links
I was doing the same thing and tried a vinyl wrap. I have some mouldings and it didn't really work well on the corners. Maybe worth a look though as you can get some pretty nice effects, not just gloss.

I sprayed with tins of zinnser BIN then painted with a velour roller using johnstones satinwood. I then flattened with a brush it looks awesome (her opinion :) ).

Total cost was about £60 in materials

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back