Friction Stay Part

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

A window in my house is not closing properly and I've identified the problem. It's a small plastic part that fixes the Friction Stay hinge to the window frame, it's worn away slightly and forced the window outwards rather than guiding it into position.

I want to replace the part but can't find what it's called anywhere. Does anyone know what this is called? Please note the picture is of the non-worn side.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If its not too warn a good smudge of Vaseline or grease should sort it out otherwise its a new pair of hinges Im afraid.

I always advise cleaning and lubricating hinges ones a year as moving parts generally only have a one year garentee

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the quick responses! I don't think greasing it will help as it's worm pretty badly. Very strange that the L shape part isn't available separately, as this must happen often.

I'll look at getting some pair of hinges.

Thanks again!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back