fridege freezer thermometer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi chaps, my fridge / freezer doesn't seem to be keeping to the right temperatures. I'm looking to buy one or possibly two (one for the fridge, one for the freezer) temperature thermometers to check on it. I don't see any point in thermometers which just show the temperature "now" - I need thermometers which keep track of the max and min temperatures reached over the last period. Most reasonable-looking thermometers seem to be of the type where the display stays outside the fridge or freezer compartment, and there is a sensor on the end of a cable which goes inside. As far as I can see the cable between the sensor and the display unit has to come out through the door. Doesn't this create a small gap in the door seal, and is that a problem?
TIA for any advice.
Regards, Terry.

Sponsored Links
Its only a thin wire, exit at the top of the seal if you can as 'cold falls'.

Thank you for your reply, I'll give it a go. I want a thermometer which would say keep the max / min for e.g. last 24 hours or whatever, not one where you have to set the max / min to cause an alarm. In fact I don't want an alarm really. I don't want it getting me out of my bed at 3 a.m. cos of an over temp - to do what exactly ?! :)
Regards, Terry.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back